Daily musings of the creative team of Jack & Ella Designs. Showcasing the talent of other Etsy designers, as well as life according to us. - Enjoy!

http://jackandella.etsy.com

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Soon it's gonna rain...

STORM WATCHER, by lewfoster

What a storm, eh folks? You know, I don't think I've seen this much wind and rain since December 14th, 2002. Know how I know the date so precisely? It was the very day of my wedding to my dear husband Mark. The rain and wind started first thing in the morning, and was so furious that it was actually raining sideways. SIDEWAYS. The storm caused such a hardship for some of our family members that they were unable to attend, as they had to travel so far. Some folks barely made it to the end of the ceremony. Our reception hall was without power for most of the afternoon, and they had to set up in the dark (which fouled up the seating arrangements, which is a fiasco I care not to expound upon).

There is an Irish superstition that rain is lucky on your wedding day. If that's the case, then Mark and I should be set for LIFE. Seven years - so far so good!

Days like this make me want to curl up on the couch and watch Merchant Ivory films (hopefully the power will stay on through all this wind!). Enjoy these items from our friends at Etsy, inspired by "rain"...



Why does it always rain on me
by lunetmuse

get off my cloud earring
by sirenjewels



PDF-Amigurumi Happy Weather Mobile Pattern
by AmyGaines

Crystal Rain Earrings


Raindrop - silk-lined clutch bag
by redrubyrose

The day It Rained For Romance Art Deco


RAINY DAY WITH MY UMBRELLA silver necklace
by LycheeKiss

No comments: