Daily musings of the creative team of Jack & Ella Designs. Showcasing the talent of other Etsy designers, as well as life according to us. - Enjoy!

http://jackandella.etsy.com

Monday, October 19, 2009

Look to the Rainbow

Print - Rainbow Connection, by CameraforKitty

I woke up at 5:30 this morning. No particular reason, just couldn't sleep. I tried reading a book for a while, but when it seemed that it was a lost cause getting back to sleep, I got up and donned my robe.

After feeding the animals and pouring a cup of coffee, I finished some work on a custom order and played around on Etsy and Twitter for a while. It was then that I looked out the kitchen window and noticed the rainbow.

We don't see a lot of rainbows around here, so it was a rare treat, and being the only one in the house awake, it was something that was just for me to enjoy.

Now, I'm not preachy or anything, but I like the bible verse about the rainbow:

"God said...I set my rainbow in the clouds
and it shall be a sign of the Covenant between me and the earth."
(Genesis 9:12-13)

I've always loved the lyrics for the Rainbow Connection (see photo above from CameraforKitty) - also very spiritual.

It was the perfect start to the day today - I couldn't have asked for a better gift. I hope your day is touched by a rainbow in some way. Happy Monday, and have a wonderful week!

Wool Wrapped Stacking Bangle, by mysticfibers

Googly Glitter Cocktail Ring, by PoPkO


Retro Rainbow Pin, by BraveMoonman


RAINBOW COLORED DAy oF thE DeAd Skulls, by pinkee


Sleep/Eye Mask, by maceme


Happy Rainbow Cloud - LARGE Resin Necklace, by FashionCandy

No comments: