Daily musings of the creative team of Jack & Ella Designs. Showcasing the talent of other Etsy designers, as well as life according to us. - Enjoy!

http://jackandella.etsy.com

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fauna

Between last night and today, I have logged over 10 hours in the car heading out to and from Jackson Meadow Reservoir in the Tahoe National Forest to fetch my husband and 3-year old son after a day's 4-wheeling adventure went awry, resulting in a complete roll and totaled Jeep. Thankfully, the only injuries sustained were minor cuts and bruises to my husband's head and elbow, but it was enough to freak me out completely.

I wish I had a bit more time and presence of mind this morning as we were packing camp to leave to appreciate the scenery of Jackson Meadow Reservoir. The lake there is gorgeous, and it is surrounded by hilly terrain covered in evergreen trees. The weather was crisp and clear this morning, and I did see one or two chipmunks scamper by.

I chose these delightful little creatures for you today to enjoy, and hope that you all have the opportunity to encounter some of the wonders of the wilderness soon (without the added aggravation that we experienced this weekend)! All of these images are by lauri on Etsy:


No comments: