Daily musings of the creative team of Jack & Ella Designs. Showcasing the talent of other Etsy designers, as well as life according to us. - Enjoy!

http://jackandella.etsy.com

Monday, October 26, 2009

The Food of Love

Goddess with harp Photogaphic Print

“I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.”
George Eliot (1819 - 1880)

I've found lately more and more the need for the solace and soul-centering effect that classical music has on me. Having grown up in a musical family, and spending the majority of my developmental years as an instrumentalist, rather than a singer, I have a fierce love and appreciation for classical music, preferring the styles of music from the late Renaissance, Baroque and Romantic periods.

As we head into the holidays, I will most likely be more and more drawn to the classical CD's on my shelf. Like the sense of smell, music is very strongly linked to my memory, and classical music has the magic of being able to transport me in space and time to a much simpler time in my life. It's a great escape from the day to day frenzy of being a wife, mother, and menagerie owner.

Enjoy these items I found on Etsy using the search term "Classical Music" - I hope they give you a little joy today!

Spirito ring
by pookeh


Mozart - Beautiful Handmade Gallery Wrapped Canvas Print - Large
by fingertipsaint



I heart classical music
by cocoachuchu



Beethoven Amigurumi
by BoobiKitti



A 5th dundundunDUN button (Beethoven)
by beanforest



Etched Classical Parlor Guitar

1 comment:

Gypsy Trading Company said...

Thank you so much for showing my guitar! You have a lovely blog. Someday I will get mine updated.

Gypsy